Latest News.. . ... .... .. . ...Hot New Download: >|< The Smiley Search Engine >|< .... .... .... ...... 20500 free Smileys .... Many Styles to Choose From. .... >|< Download Here >|< ............. .... .... The Smiley Sign Generator 2011 Desktop version is released .... .... >|< Download Here >|< ............. . .... .. .
Last Shout - not visible
You are not authorized to view Shouts.

3 Pages:1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Angel Tribute
Posted: February 10, 2009 08:40 pm

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Group: Admin

Zodiac: Aquarius
13 Moon: CrystalBlue Storm - Catalyses Self-Generation

total-posts
0                     10,000

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time
0                           10

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time
0                          365

Activity: Group Icon
Awards: None

*This post has now been updated to it's own website which you can view here:
http://forgottenchild.us

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An angel smiley for Trenton.

Who is trenton?

Trenton Duckett is a child who went missing in Florida almost 3 years ago.
His mother Melinda Duckett was a person of interest in the disappearance although she was never charged with anything.

Only days after trenton disappeared, Melinda Duckett was invited to appear on the Nancy Grace show. At that time, Nancy Grace portrayed herself as someone interested in helping to find missing children.
Melinda appeared on the show in the belief that Nancy Grace would help spread the word about Trenton as she had apparently done in the past.

But instead of helping, Nancy Grace viciously attacked Melinda on the air, accusing her of murdering her own son.
Melinda Duckett shot herself the next day.
(The video of that interview is available on youtube for those who haven't seen it yet, or for those who need reminding of how badly Nancy Grace abused this woman.)

The case is now almost forgotten except for an upcoming wrongful death civil suit filed by Melinda's family against CNN and Nancy Grace.

Today, CNN's HLN dedicated almost the entire day to coverage of another missing child and another family who they had almost driven to their deaths through months of relentless harassment and slander.

But no one seemed to remember Trenton today. :(

Well, that has got to change!

The same effort that has gone into all this Caylee Anthony coverage must be applied to the Trenton Duckett case as well so that this family can finally have some peace.

Help right the wrongs caused by celebrity news who's only interest is cash and ratings.
Please talk about this and post the link to the Trenton Duckett website.
http://helpfindtrenton.com

Please don't post anything tasteless in the guest book as a few others have already done there.
The time for politics, profit, and slander is done. A child is missing and the family needs your help.

The more you discuss this subject, the better the chance that someone someday may come forward or someone may discover another piece of evidence.

I'd like to issue a challenge to all artists to come up with something special in tribute to a lost child, Trenton Duckett.

Tell the story in your own words or feel free to copy what I've posted but let's get this out there so it's not forgotten again.
I know we have members who are capable of translating this into their own native language..... please!!!! Take a few moments of your time and post a translation.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this ;)

Here's your angel, use it freely (except for profit) and copy it if you like. Just be sure to pass this story on!

*Improved image- click to open in a new page
Attached Image: AngelForTrenton.gif
<strong>Please See </strong><a href="Faq"><strong>Site Faqs</strong></a><strong> Regarding Copyrights and Image Copy Restrictions.</strong><br /><strong>Right Click Attached Image to Copy Link Only.</strong>

<strong>Please See </strong><a href="Faq"><strong>Site Faqs</strong></a><strong> Regarding Copyrights and Image Copy Restrictions.</strong><br /><strong>Right Click Attached Image to Copy Link Only.</strong>
PMEmail PosterUsers Website       Share This Post!     Del.icio.us Digg StumbleUpon Technorati
ninapooh
Posted: February 11, 2009 10:05 am

Unregistered

Member For 0 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit Ago
total-member-time

Activity: 

wow balamm, that is some story how sad is that. we have a ltle girl here called madeleine, she has been missing for nearly two years
      Share This Post!     Del.icio.us Digg StumbleUpon Technorati
Posted: February 11, 2009 11:03 am

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

You might want to try something similar to this to help keep her name in the public eye.
It doesn't have to be only about trenton. :nonono:
This is an idea that can be adopted globally.

I think we often assume there's nothing we can do personally.
But we can easily turn the massive power of the 'news' media and the internet into a much more positive experience by rounding up and exploiting all the resources we each have available to us, not for profit, not for personal gain, but for causes such as this.

I can't see anyone complaining about being "spammed" with such an idea. ;)

I will personally donate any image I have ever created for a cause as worthy as this if it can help in any way.
I'll also donate space to anyone who is genuine and wants to get a message out for any missing child. It doesn't matter how long it's been, the longer it takes the more urgent it is to bring attention back to it.

I hope all other artists will get on board with this too.

I've already asked Camilla and Aiwan to consider it but I'm not sure if the message was understood. :unsure:
I really hope it was, they have such incredible talents that could help so much to bring focus to these missing children cases.

Bradlee? :happy_whistling: You have a few people's ears now too!

All we need is for users to care as much and keep the messages moving by reposting these stories the same way. With an original work of art at the end of the story, and by emailing the links to friends.

I'm just sorry I didn't have the time last night to do a better job on this image.
If time allows later today, I will make an effort to improve on that. :)

Hopefully the message is more important than the prize at the end though.

I urge all the members of kolobok.us as well to take up this challenge.
Speak with Dillia and Aiwan, or any of the artists there or at any other website, and try to persuade them that this is a noble and worthy cause, that their special talents are worth more than they could ever imagine if applied to something like this.

I gave this a lot of thought yesterday, and came up with a simple hook I think to get peoples attention.
If you try something like this yourself, I think the format of the link is important.
I think if you use the same link style, google will pick it up and there will be many results shown on one google page to help in finding missing children. :)

eg:

Please Share an Angel for Trenton

Please Share an Angel for Trenton
CODE
Please Share <a href='http://www.somesite.com/somelink.php' title='An Angel for {insert child's name}'>An Angel for {insert child's name}</a>
CODE
Please Share [url=http://www.somesite.com/somelink.php]An Angel for {insert child's name}[/url]
PMEmail PosterUsers Website       Share This Post!     Del.icio.us Digg StumbleUpon Technorati
Posted: February 11, 2009 01:00 pm

Group Icon
Member No.: 6215
Group: Members

total-posts

Member For 5.5 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 160.4 Days Ago
total-member-time

Hi, balamm, and others,

I've joined a while back, but, I'm not a regular poster. However, today, I received your e-mail notification for this thread.

I like your idea. I would like to post your Trenton's Angel link on my blog. I am involved in digital scrapbooking. Google it to get an idea just how huge this community is right now. They are all the type of folks who would get behind something like this. I would like to put this out there, too, maybe add it to my siggy on the many forums I belong to. I will gladly follow along with whatever idea you decide upon.

My blog is: http://suruha-freespirit.blogspot.com if you want to check it out first. Mine isn't very active, I'm kind of still learning, but, my connections' are.

I live in the area where both of these little children disappeared. Monday night, a little 5 year old girl went missing not too far from here, in Palatka, Fl. This is just too much! What is happening to our world?!

I would like to help, and will happily join in. I like, too, your idea about art contributions. Perhaps, I can even contribute something.

By the way, DAMN Nancy Grace! We always get back, often 10-fold, what we dole out. I hope I'm around to see her get hers. (Sorry. I guess I'm angry, too.)

Thanks for reading my garbled mess. I cried for the first twenty minutes after reading your post.

Su
An old hippie chick (lol)
My Webpage
PMEmail Poster       Share This Post!     Del.icio.us Digg StumbleUpon Technorati
Posted: February 11, 2009 01:24 pm

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

Please, yes! Anything that anyone can do to bring attention to this concept is very much appreciated.

As I've told others, it doesn't matter where you live or which missing child you highlight. It's the concept and getting this message out there that we need to focus on.

The important thing is to bring peoples attentions back to finding these missing children rather than destroying their families with all the media's soap opera antics.

Sadly, from my communications with representatives of some of the families, it's quite clear that they are beginning to lose hope. Some don't even check their messages anymore as a result of all the hate and insensitivity that's gone on.
I've had to resort to some real detective work to make contact with anyone.

We need to restore hope and human compassion and put an end to corporate agendas that are based only on profit potential. :(

Let's make this about the children and those who really did know and care for them :yeswink:

Posted: February 11, 2009 06:48 pm

Group Icon
Member No.: 4534

Zodiac: Leo
13 Moon: RhythmicBlue Hand - Knows Accomplishment

total-posts

Member For 6.3 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit hours Ago
total-member-time

QUOTE (balamm @ February 11, 2009 12:31 pm)
Please, yes! Anything that anyone can do to bring attention to this concept is very much appreciated.

As I've told others, it doesn't matter where you live or which missing child you highlight. It's the concept and getting this message out there that we need to focus on.

The important thing is to bring peoples attentions back to finding these missing children rather than destroying their families with all the media's soap opera antics.

Sadly, from my communications with representatives of some of the families, it's quite clear that they are beginning to lose hope. Some don't even check their messages anymore as a result of all the hate and insensitivity that's gone on.
I've had to resort to some real detective work to make contact with anyone.

We need to restore hope and human compassion and put an end to corporate agendas that are based only on profit potential. :(

Let's make this about the children and those who really did know and care for them :yeswink:

I will try and help. I took down the URL of this site you mentioned coding and etc..
I have several websites and forums.
I will try and get this posted on those sites and my news blogs.
Poor little guy :(

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo       Share This Post!     Del.icio.us Digg StumbleUpon Technorati
Posted: February 12, 2009 04:07 am

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

Thank you Gems! :D

Just an update,
I have received a few replys from my requests for help with this.

Words cannot describe what I feel as a result of some of those replies. <_<

Too busy, maybe later.

Maybe later another child will be lost.
Maybe later it will be too late to help a missing child.

....different causes for different reasons....

Aren't we all human and don't we all have the capacity to understand how much it hurts to have lost a child? Can you imagine how it feels to know someone has it in their power to help, but won't even take 5 minutes to do so?

What is the cheapest way to call india?

:blink:

In spite of this, I firmly believe there are still genuine caring people in the world though.
I really do. :yeswink:
Posted: February 12, 2009 09:23 am

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

Finally got the angel image updated. I hope you like :)
Posted: February 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 5.5 Years
total-member-time

total-member-time

Okay, now, I can reply. I dunno what happened. I want to share with you what I have posted on my blog. Here is the link:

http://suruha-freespirit.blogspot.com/

I hope this is okay. Let me know what changes, if any, to make. Then, I will send it on its merry, and hopefully, vast and wide, journey.

I really want to thank you for all of this. I know this matter concerns everyone, but, for me, personally, perhaps, I can find some solace in this tumultuous time. I wish this for all - the families, the victims and those of us who wish to remember.

Peace,

Su

Oh, by the way, I really like your new angel. Very sweet. I have something, too, that I am working on. I'll be back with it.
PMEmail Poster       Share This Post!     Del.icio.us Digg StumbleUpon Technorati
Posted: February 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 5.5 Years
total-member-time

total-member-time

Do you have a code for the new angel?
Posted: February 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

It's the same, I just replaced the existing image and added it again with the new name as well.
Doesn't matter which you use :nonono:
Posted: February 12, 2009 04:10 pm

Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 5.5 Years
total-member-time

total-member-time

I just figured out why there is BBcode AND html. LOL Got to go fix that in my post. I see what you were trying to tell me. I'm a little dense, but, I usually get it. :blind:
Posted: February 12, 2009 04:30 pm

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

Here's the codes (attached) in transparent form tags so they won't get messed up or reformatted by blog software ;)

Don't click the link, it'll just get messed up by this forum software. :rolleyes:

Right click and save as
file type: All files
name: codes.txt instead

CODE
(trenton)

HTML:
<textarea style="background-color:transparent; color:#000000; border:1px; border-color:#000000; " cols="60" rows="3" readonly="readonly" wrap="soft">Please Share <a href='http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/index.php?showtopic=2417' title='An Angel for Trenton'>An Angel for Trenton</a></textarea>

BBcode:
<textarea style="background-color:transparent; color:#000000; border:1px; border-color:#000000; " cols="60" rows="3" readonly="readonly" wrap="soft">Please Share [url=http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/index.php?showtopic=2417]An Angel for Trenton[/url]</textarea>

(generic)

HTML:
<textarea style="background-color:transparent; color:#000000; border:1px; border-color:#000000; " cols="60" rows="3" readonly="readonly" wrap="soft">Please Share <a href='http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/index.php?showtopic=2417' title='An Angel for {insert child's name}'>An Angel for {insert child's name}</a></textarea>

BBcode:
<textarea style="background-color:transparent; color:#000000; border:1px; border-color:#000000; " cols="60" rows="3" readonly="readonly" wrap="soft">Please Share [url=http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/index.php?showtopic=2417]An Angel for {insert child's name}[/url]</textarea>

Posted: February 12, 2009 04:32 pm

Tired Old Hippie
Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 8.4 Years
total-member-time

Last Visit 3.22 Days Ago
total-member-time

And the broken images I told you about ;) You're probably seeing "cached" images stored on your own computer.

Posted: February 12, 2009 06:17 pm

Group Icon

total-posts

Member For 5.5 Years
total-member-time

total-member-time

Try as I may, I cannot seem to post the codes without them becoming the desired item. Instead, I referred back here for yours.

Here is what I have. See what you think.

http://suruha-freespirit.blogspot.com/2009...or-trenton.html

Topic Options       Topic Print3 Pages:1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

· Smiley Generator Super Sites Group ·
Acronyms Database · Free Online Receipt Generator · Free Online Gas Receipts

Portal ©2003-2011 Meo

Privacy Policy